My Book is Released!


ISSUE 01 - - - - - - - - - - MAY 2026

My Book is Released!

After a long summer of outlining, in September of 2024, I wrote the first chapter of Break of Day. I never would've guessed it would lead me down the path of publishing. Well. to be fair, I had a hankering---I did text my online friend, "maybe this book is IT!"

While drafting, I started drawing the cover just for fun, just to visualize the world and pure vibes of the story. I spent long perfecting it, and had the time of my life choosing the fonts and colors for the title. (Seriously. I've always found choosing fonts fun. Even for this blog. Don't ask why.)

I finished the draft, went through a couple rounds of editing, spent many tears over the technical aspects, and ordered a print proof for draft two of my book. I was absolutely ecstatic at the words I've scribbled by hand being in actual book form. Seriously! I totally recommend it, even if you aren't planning on publishing---making a basic cover and getting a copy of your stories just for yourself is so much fun. It made me feel so accomplished, like, I'm actually a writer.

This all wound down to release day: May 10, which I had previously not realized was Mother's Day. That was an oops on my part, and a lesson to research if a publishing date falls on any important holidays that I tend to forget about. Although the thought of other people reading my book is scary---it's also so, so cool, and some time in the writing process, the coolness outweighed the fear factor and I decided to click 'publish' anyway. Even if I'm only sixteen. Even if my writing is not the best. Even if I know I have room to improve. After all, I don't want to be completely serious about my author's journey yet---maybe when I'm older, I will, but for now, I want my writing and publishing to be pure fun! Which leads me onto this question:

Am I going to self-publish again in the near future?

Maybe. Maybe not. I actually don't know myself yet. I'm very busy with school, and my current writing projects are still in the very early stages, so early that I don't know if they're any good yet. But one thing is for sure: if I do publish again, you can be sure I'll be yapping about the project as much as I yapped about this one. I'm actually sad to see it go---knowing that it's a standalone, I'm most likely never to revisit the characters again, in writing form at least.

Though my journey with Phoebe Clarke and her friends has ended, it can be relived again...through YOU! The link to purchase my book is in my bio...but who cares, I'll put it here, too: 

link to my book!

If you can't buy my book, you can still support me by subscribing to my YouTube channel ---I PROMISE I'LL START MAKING MORE VIDEOS SOON!!! 

For now, this is Christine Marie, signing out!

Comments

  1. Keefe's E. L. FudgesMay 15, 2026 at 3:02 PM

    You're actually so amazing for going through with, comming up with a story, planning, writing, editing (and all the other writing steps) AND publishing!! Great job, girl!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Flickers of Gold: A Short Story

PJO: The Lightning Thief Review